From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Unlocking Plasma desktop in Gentoo without systemd
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2018 03:03:23
1 On 09/12/17 05:13, Michael Palimaka wrote:
2 > On 09/12/2017 05:04 AM, Daniel Frey wrote:
3 >> According to a comment in the bug, you can try to figure out which
4 >> session it is (ck-list-sessions) and look for the X11 display property
5 >> set. This will not work (or could be difficult) if you have several
6 >> users using KDE at the same time and can't tell the sessions apart.
7 >>
8 >> Once you figure that out, remember the session name and:
9 >>
10 >> # su -c 'dbus-send --system --print-reply \
11 >> --dest="org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit" \
12 >> /org/freedesktop/ConsoleKit/<session name> \
13 >> org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit.Session.Unlock'
16 > If there a nice way to wrap this up in a script I'd be interesting in
17 > shipping this for non-logind systems.
18 >
19 > Another option is sys-auth/elogind, which provides the logind interface
20 > and tools (like loginctl) for non-systemd systems. This is what I've
21 > been testing with OpenRC for some time.
22 >
23 > I read that ConsoleKit is also supporting the logind dbus interface now.
24 > This would in theory make it easy to create a tool to unlock the
25 > session, but I haven't had a chance to test it yet.
28 Well, I forgot to disable my screen locker during an update and got bit
29 by this again. It's a pain typing it manually (especially when you run a
30 monitor in portrait mode.)
31
32 I had some time and put together a general-purpose bash script. A note
33 of warning, I'm not an expert at bash by any means, but I was able to
34 test this several ways as I haven't restarted my computer yet.
35
36 I'll attach it if someone else wants to try it out. It's simply called
37 ck-unlock-session.
38
39 Dan

ck-unlock-session text/plain