From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Does Acrobat Reader work for anyone?
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 23:15:40
1 On 10/28/2013 02:52 PM, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > Since quite a while ago (months), acroread stopped working. It won't
3 > start up at all. No error messages are shown. It just aborts. No
4 > window is showing up.
5 >
6 > Anyone else having this problem? I'm on ~amd64.
7
8 I just installed acroread on ~amd64 (a virtualbox guest) and it works
9 as expected (the dreaded WFM reply).
10
11 I noticed that acroread is a 32-bit app and several emul-linux-x86-*
12 packages were installed as dependencies.
13
14 How are you starting acroread? Clicking on a pdf file in a gui file
15 manager, or from a command prompt, or...?