From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Does Acrobat Reader work for anyone?
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 01:07:11
1 On 29/10/13 01:16, walt wrote:
2 > On 10/28/2013 02:52 PM, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
3 >> Since quite a while ago (months), acroread stopped working. It won't
4 >> start up at all. No error messages are shown. It just aborts. No
5 >> window is showing up.
6 >>
7 >> Anyone else having this problem? I'm on ~amd64.
8 >
9 > I just installed acroread on ~amd64 (a virtualbox guest) and it works
10 > as expected (the dreaded WFM reply).
11 >
12 > I noticed that acroread is a 32-bit app and several emul-linux-x86-*
13 > packages were installed as dependencies.
14 >
15 > How are you starting acroread? Clicking on a pdf file in a gui file
16 > manager, or from a command prompt, or...?
17
18 From everywhere. Same result.
19
20 I noticed I had an ~/.adobe/Acrobat directory. I deleted that. Now the
21 splash logo shows up, but then just aborts again and nothing happens. :-/
22
23 I've tried stracing it, but doing so freezes the system (I suspect the
24 NVidia driver doesn't like it.)