From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] backup program recommendations?
Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2009 16:40:01
1 James Wall wrote:
2 > On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 5:55 AM, Robin Atwood <robin.atwood@×××××××××.net> wrote:
3 >
4 >> On Friday 06 Mar 2009, James Wall wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> Hi all,
7 >>>
8 >>> I am looking for a backup program that can back up to my DVD+-R/RW drive
9 >>> to back up my private portage tree/distfile/music/web server. What
10 >>> programs would you recommend to handle this task?
11 >>>
12 >> DAR - http://dar.linux.free.fr/. There is also a gui, kdar.
13 >>
14 >> HTH
15 >> -Robin
16 >> --
17 >> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
18 >> Robin Atwood.
19 >>
20 >> "Ship me somewheres east of Suez, where the best is like the worst,
21 >> Where there ain't no Ten Commandments an' a man can raise a thirst"
22 >> from "Mandalay" by Rudyard Kipling
23 >> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
26 > Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. I will check them out
27 >
28 > James Wall
34 I seem to recall that Kdar or dar had a bug that lead to it being
35 masked. This was a while back so it may be fixed now but it may be
36 worth checking into to make sure. Nothing worse than thinking you have
37 backups when they are worthless.
38
39 Dale
40