From: Qian Qiao <qian.qiao@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] MySQL Upgrade
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 23:37:23
1 On 10/30/05, C. Beamer <cbeamer@×××××××××.net> wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > I just upgraded MySQL using the instructions on the Gentoo website. For
5 > the most part, everything went fine and now everything works, but I had
6 > to make a couple of adjustments. My question now is if there is a
7 > proper way to do what I did as a workaround.
8 >
9 > In September, when I wiped Fedora Core off my main system and installed
10 > Gentoo, I had a MySQL database that I used for one reason and one reason
11 > only. To get my database files from the FC4 system to Gentoo, I just
12 > copied them to a ZIP drive. When I installed MySQL, in /var/lib/mysql/
13 > I created a directory with the name of my database and copied my
14 > database related files into that directory. Then I set up the users
15 > allowed to access to the database. This worked fine and is the
16 > workaround that I had to do today after upgrading MySQL.
17 >
18 > The instructions on the Gentoo website for upgrading gave a step by step
19 > to create a backup of my database. However, when I went to restore the
20 > database after the upgrade, the restore didn't work. I'm thinking that
21 > it was because of the way I got my database files into MySQL when I
22 > initially installed MySQL under Gentoo.
23 >
24 > Is there a way to rectify this so that the backup will work for future
25 > upgrades?
26
27 What was the error message, if it was about the key length exceeding
28 1000, then you hit a known bug.
29
30 -- Joe
33 There are 3 kinds of people in the world:
34 Those who can count, and those who can't.
37 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list