From: "C. Beamer" <cbeamer@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] MySQL Upgrade
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 23:51:52
1 Qian Qiao wrote:
2
3 >>The instructions on the Gentoo website for upgrading gave a step by step
4 >>to create a backup of my database. However, when I went to restore the
5 >>database after the upgrade, the restore didn't work. I'm thinking that
6 >>it was because of the way I got my database files into MySQL when I
7 >>initially installed MySQL under Gentoo.
8 >>
9 >>Is there a way to rectify this so that the backup will work for future
10 >>upgrades?
14 >What was the error message, if it was about the key length exceeding
15 >1000, then you hit a known bug.
18 No, I didn't get any error messages on restoring the database that was
19 created by the backup process that was included in the instructions.
20 Also, the process for fixing the grant tables was fine. However, when I
21 started mysql and tried to use the database, I was told that the
22 database didn't exist and upon checking, I discovered that the only
23 database that was there was "test".
24
25 So, in essence, the restore *did* work, but the backup just didn't pick
26 up my database.
27
28 Regards,
29