From: Qian Qiao <qian.qiao@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] MySQL Upgrade
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 00:07:01
1 On 10/30/05, C. Beamer <cbeamer@×××××××××.net> wrote:
2 > Qian Qiao wrote:
3 > >What was the error message, if it was about the key length exceeding
4 > >1000, then you hit a known bug.
7 > No, I didn't get any error messages on restoring the database that was
8 > created by the backup process that was included in the instructions.
9 > Also, the process for fixing the grant tables was fine. However, when I
10 > started mysql and tried to use the database, I was told that the
11 > database didn't exist and upon checking, I discovered that the only
12 > database that was there was "test".
13 >
14 > So, in essence, the restore *did* work, but the backup just didn't pick
15 > up my database.
16
17 So the mysqldump you did on the 4.0 didn't dump the databases other
18 than test, hmmm.
21 There are 3 kinds of people in the world:
22 Those who can count, and those who can't.
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list