From: "C. Beamer" <cbeamer@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] MySQL Upgrade
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 00:22:15
1 Qian Qiao wrote:
2
3 >On 10/30/05, C. Beamer <cbeamer@×××××××××.net> wrote:
6 >>Qian Qiao wrote:
9 >>>What was the error message, if it was about the key length exceeding
10 >>>1000, then you hit a known bug.
11 >>>
12 >>>
13 >>>
14 >>>
15 >>No, I didn't get any error messages on restoring the database that was
16 >>created by the backup process that was included in the instructions.
17 >>Also, the process for fixing the grant tables was fine. However, when I
18 >>started mysql and tried to use the database, I was told that the
19 >>database didn't exist and upon checking, I discovered that the only
20 >>database that was there was "test".
21 >>
22 >>So, in essence, the restore *did* work, but the backup just didn't pick
23 >>up my database.
27 >So the mysqldump you did on the 4.0 didn't dump the databases other
28 >than test, hmmm.
32 That's correct. And as stated in my original post, I think it might
33 have something to do with the way I got the database into Gentoo - a
34 mkdir named after the database and then copy the related database files
35 into the directory.
36
37 Regards,
38