From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: about layman and eix search
Date: Sat, 03 Oct 2009 19:09:48
1 Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 [...]
4
5 >> It must be common task for people using overlays... so anyone know how
6 >> its done.
7 >
8 > Hi,
9 >
10 > Create the file /etc/eix-sync.conf with this one character in it:
11 > *
12 >
13 > Then you can simply run eix-sync to automatically sync your overlays,
14 > main portage tree, and update the EIX cache. Afterward it will show
15 > you what is new or has changed. No need to run layman -S or emerge
16 > --sync ever again. :)
17 >
18 > Also, if you have any overlays that don't include metadata, you can
19 > add lines like this beneath the asterisk in eix-sync.conf to make it
20 > generate cache for them:
21 > !egencache --repo=theoverlayname --update
22 >
23 > At least that's how I do it.
24
25 Nice...
26
27 I do use eix-sync for a good while now... but had not synced since
28 installing layman... and found the out of date directions posted
29 earlier. ... I didn't realize eix-sync would synchronize overlays
30 too... I've never had an overlay before. ... I'm setting up `sunshine'
31 now ....thanks.