From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] minimal installation CD iso is where?, &&
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2015 21:01:07
1 On Thu, 6 Aug 2015 21:53:25 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > > I only have it enabled for LibreOffice, which is a regular victim of
4 > > @preserved-rebuild causing the same version to be rebuilt.
5
6 > What sort of improvements do you get? libreoffice here takes about 1h30
7 > to build, give or take 10 mins or so. Doesn't seem worth the extra
8 > hassle of ccache for an hour and a half.
9
10 It varies, but it can more than halve the time taken. Well worth the
11 minute or two it took to set it up to happen automatically.
12
13 % cat /etc/portage/env/ccache.conf
14 FEATURES="ccache"
15
16 % cat /etc/portage/package.env/libreoffice
17 app-office/libreoffice ccache.conf disk-tmpdir.conf
18
19 And don't forget to emerge ccache ;-)
20
21 For completeness, LO also uses and on disk TMPDIR because my tmpfs /tmp
22 isn't big enough, so
23
24 % cat /etc/portage/env/disk-tmpdir.conf
25 PORTAGE_TMPDIR="/mnt/scratch"
29 Neil Bothwick
30
31 Consciousness: that annoying time between naps.