From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: minimal installation CD iso is where?, &&
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2015 00:36:00
1 On Thu, 6 Aug 2015 22:00:35 +0100
2 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3
4 > > What sort of improvements do you get? libreoffice here takes about
5 > > 1h30 to build, give or take 10 mins or so. Doesn't seem worth the
6 > > extra hassle of ccache for an hour and a half.
7 >
8 > It varies, but it can more than halve the time taken. Well worth the
9 > minute or two it took to set it up to happen automatically.
10
11 You appear to be building claws-mail from git (as do I), which seems in
12 theory a good use of ccache. Am I understanding this correctly? I've
13 never used ccache before, but with your helpful config info I'm about
14 to try it.