From: Jorge Peixoto de Morais Neto <please.no.spam.here@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to run dhclient on the background
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 15:54:09
1 On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 1:02 PM, damian <damian.only@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi again,
3 >
4 > Thank you all for your responses. After I sent my first email I
5 > modified the rc config to boot in parallel. The boot process was
6 > faster after that: just for the record, it takes 20 secs in a core 2
7 > duo laptop to drop the login prompt without X, wireless supplicant,
8 > cron daemon or sound.
9 >
10 > I will also take a look at ifplug/netplug. Thanks for the tip.
11 >
12 >> http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?part=4&chap=3#doc_chap3
13 > Sorry but I already looked into that page, but I couldn't find the
14 > information I'm looking for. Could you be more explicit?
15
16 You wanted to pass options to your dhcp client. The page mentioned
17 shows two ways of doing that:
18 1) By setting the variable dhcp_eth0 to a space-delimited string of
19 options, like
20 dhcp_eth0="release nodns nontp nonis"
21 These generic options work for any of the dhclient, dhcpcd, pump and
22 udhcpc clients.
23
24 2) By setting ${CLIENTNAME}_eth0 to a space-delimited string of
25 options, you can pass any option to your specific client
26 If you want to pass the -nw option to the dhclient client for the eth0
27 interface, you would write
28 dhclient_eth0="-nw"
29
30 All this configuration goes in /etc/conf.d/net (at least for
31 baselayout 1.12.12; I don't know about baslayout 2.0.0)