From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Which Laptop is recommended for Gentoo GNU/Linux?
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 18:23:34
1 qfpvajdy <qfpvajdy <at> trashmail.net> writes:
4 > Does somebody know a model of a laptop on which all works fine with Linux?
5
6 Before I purchased my HP pavilion (amd64) I took a liveCD to the
7 store and just booted it up and got everything working, right
8 in the store. If you cannot find all of the device drivers,
9 take a usb flash and copy the results of lscpi, lshw, etc
10 onto the flash device. Copy any other files/data information
11 about the hardware, so you can research the linux compatibility options,
12 remotely.
13
14 Several trips might be necessary to get everything working....
15
16 hth,
17
18 James