From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] vdpau-able ?
Date: Sun, 09 Aug 2009 09:27:57
1 On Sunday 09 August 2009 09:25:08 meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > as far as I think to know ;) (quite unsure about this), NVidia
5 > has introduced a new protocol (?something like this), which is
6 > useful for less-CPU-consumpting display of video streams.
7 >
8 > MPlayer (and may be other video-related applikations) does
9 > support vdpau.
10 >
11 > First tests on my Linux-box with
12 >
13 > mplayer -vo vdpau <video>
14 >
15 > results in a movie "display" with best audio, no video at all
16 > and concerns from mplayer:
17 >
18 > [vdpau] Error when calling vdp_device_create_x11: 1
19
20 Well, I entered this exact line above into google and the first two hits took
21 me to the NVNews forum where you will find heaps of help. Such as:
22
23 -not every nvidia card supports it
24 -not every nvidia driver supports it
25 -you must run the nvidia bug reporting tool to find out if you can use it
26 -as of February, vdpau and xinerama were incompatible
27
28 You'll get better quality help at NVNews than here, as the nvidia devs watch
29 that forum and do respond.
32 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com