From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] vdpau-able ?
Date: Sun, 09 Aug 2009 07:25:10
1 Hi,
2
3 as far as I think to know ;) (quite unsure about this), NVidia
4 has introduced a new protocol (?something like this), which is
5 useful for less-CPU-consumpting display of video streams.
6
7 MPlayer (and may be other video-related applikations) does
8 support vdpau.
9
10 First tests on my Linux-box with
11
12 mplayer -vo vdpau <video>
13
14 results in a movie "display" with best audio, no video at all
15 and concerns from mplayer:
16
17 [vdpau] Error when calling vdp_device_create_x11: 1
18 Error opening/initializing the selected video_out (-vo) device.
19
20 Unfortunately I have absolutely no clue for waht I have to search
21 for.
22 What/where I have to reconfig/recompile/install/etc. to make my Linux
23 box vdpau-aware.
24
25 Or is it such a new thing, that I better have to keep my fingers off
26 that?
27
28 Have a nice sunday!
29 Best regards,
30 Meino Cramer
33 Please don't send me any Word- or Powerpoint-Attachments
34 unless it's absolutely neccessary. - Send simply Text.
35 See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html
36 In a world without fences and walls nobody needs gates and windows.