From: Manuel Fiorelli <manuel.fiorelli@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] vdpau-able ?
Date: Sun, 09 Aug 2009 17:38:03
1 2009/8/9 <meino.cramer@×××.de>:
2 >  as far as I think to know ;) (quite unsure about this), NVidia
3 >  has introduced a new protocol (?something like this), which is
4 >  useful for less-CPU-consumpting display of video streams.
5 >
6 >  MPlayer (and may be other video-related applikations) does
7 >  support vdpau.
8
9 Thanks for point out this. I didn't know that NVidia introduced such
10 an important feature.
11
12 >  First tests on my Linux-box with
13 >
14 >    mplayer -vo vdpau <video>
15 >
16 >  results in a movie "display" with best audio, no video at all
17 >  and concerns from mplayer:
18
19 Your command didn't work for me, too. First, I checked that my video
20 card was capable of supporting
21 this new API. Then, I updated the nvidia video driver and recompiled
22 mplayer. For mplayer, make sure
23 to activate the local use flag vdpau.
24
25 Manuel Fiorelli