From: Manuel Fiorelli <manuel.fiorelli@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] vdpau-able ?
Date: Sun, 09 Aug 2009 18:10:38
1 2009/8/9 Manuel Fiorelli <manuel.fiorelli@×××××.com>:
2 > 2009/8/9  <meino.cramer@×××.de>:
3 >>  First tests on my Linux-box with
4 >>
5 >>    mplayer -vo vdpau <video>
6 >>
7 >>  results in a movie "display" with best audio, no video at all
8 >>  and concerns from mplayer:
9 >
10 > Your command didn't work for me, too. First, I checked that my video
11 > card was capable of supporting
12 > this new API. Then, I updated the nvidia video driver and recompiled
13 > mplayer. For mplayer, make sure
14 > to activate the local use flag vdpau.
15
16 Assuming that you want to playback a H.264 video, then right command should be
17
18 mplayer -vo vdpau -vc ffh264vdpau <file>
19
20 to force the selection of the HW accelerated codec from FFMPEG. Can
21 anyone confirm that?
22
23 Manuel Fiorelli