From: Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] editing MPEG2
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 01:52:15
1 On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 09:43:41 +1000
2 Alan E. Davis wrote:
3
4 > > > On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 09:03:01 +0100, Uwe Thiem wrote:
5 > > >
6 > > > > is there a light-weight MPEG2 editor (preferable in portage)? I don't
7 > > > > need anything fancy, just something to cut off a bit at the begin and
8 > > > > the end of a file.And no, kino doesn't like MPEG2.
9 > > >
10 >
11 > My experience too has been that avidemux works well. However, only
12 > the latest version; an earlier version didn't work well. My
13 > installed version is: 22000-r2, from an overlay:
14 >
15 > http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-382903.html
16 >
17 > Kino didn't work for me either.
18 >
19 > Alan Davis
22 avidemux has improved immensely in recent versions.
23
24 I didn't realise until this thread that kino now supports ffmpeg
25 compatible streams. I must try that.
26
27 kino will do fancier transitions etc - avidemux is more for cutting the
28 odd bit out and transcoding the result.
29
30 if you are happy to may money then main actor does a reasonable job of
31 editing/transitioning and transcoding.
34 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
37 Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
40 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list