From: Daniel Pielmeier <daniel.pielmeier@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] editing MPEG2
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 07:39:27
1 > is there a light-weight MPEG2 editor (preferable in portage)? I don't
2 > need anything fancy, just something to cut off a bit at the begin and
3 > the end of a file.And no, kino doesn't like MPEG2.
4
5 If you don't care about the quality of the cutted scenes projectx, is
6 what i reccommend.
7 But projectx and many other editors are only capable of cutting on a I-Frame
8
9 The video cut theory is explained at
10 http://www.radonmaster.de/robernd/tMPEG.html unfortunatly it is in
11 german
12
13 If you want to cut frame accurate (cut on B- and P-Frames too) i think
14 ttcut is the better choice, here you can enable encoding mode so it
15 uses mencoder (and you don't have to read the immense man page for
16 mencoder) to recode the video. Not the whole video is encoded, only a
17 maximum of 14 pictures (i think 15 pictures is the standard GOP lenght
18 for MPEG video) around the cut mark depending on where exactly you
19 want to cut
20
21 i don't know if kino or avidemux can handle this now, if anyone knows
22 better please tell me!
23 --
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list