From: David Busby <busby@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how do I change to /etc/conf.d/hostname
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 23:12:20
1 I did this:
2
3 rm /etc/hostname
4 nano -w /etc/conf.d/hostname
5 [ edit properly ]
6 env-update
7 reboot
8
9 No problems...
10
11 /djb
12
13 George Roberts wrote:
14 > Robert Crawford wrote:
17 >>On Friday 15 July 2005 06:31 pm, George Roberts wrote:
21 >>>I have a day off work and it is too hot to play outside, so I got the
22 >>>bright idea to clean up some minor warnings I have been getting. When I
23 >>>am booting my computer, I get warnings to change from using
24 >>>/etc/hostname to /etc/conf.d/hostname. Also the same with my
25 >>>/etc/domainname. My first though was these topics would be covered in
26 >>>the Gentoo install manual. But after re-reading the manual I find no
27 >>>difference now than when I installed everything a few months ago. Is
28 >>>there something I need to do, or do I live with this for now?
29 >>>
30 >>>
31 >>
32 >>IIRC, I just copied my /etc/hostname to /etc/conf.d/hostname.
36 > Did that remove the warning for you? After I re-did both files, I am
37 > still getting the same warning.
40 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list