From: George Roberts <georoberts@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how do I change to /etc/conf.d/hostname
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 23:07:08
1 Robert Crawford wrote:
2
3 >On Friday 15 July 2005 06:31 pm, George Roberts wrote:
6 >>I have a day off work and it is too hot to play outside, so I got the
7 >>bright idea to clean up some minor warnings I have been getting. When I
8 >>am booting my computer, I get warnings to change from using
9 >>/etc/hostname to /etc/conf.d/hostname. Also the same with my
10 >>/etc/domainname. My first though was these topics would be covered in
11 >>the Gentoo install manual. But after re-reading the manual I find no
12 >>difference now than when I installed everything a few months ago. Is
13 >>there something I need to do, or do I live with this for now?
17 >IIRC, I just copied my /etc/hostname to /etc/conf.d/hostname.
20 Did that remove the warning for you? After I re-did both files, I am
21 still getting the same warning.
22 --
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list