From: Andrej Rode <mail@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] from Firefox52: NO pure ALSA?, WAS: Firefox 49.0 & Youtube... Audio: No
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2016 21:10:19
1 >> It is even more frustrating that these so-called predictable network
2 >> names actually can change on a reboot, it's happened to me more than
3 >> once when multiple network cards are detected in a different order.
4
5 Then you might found a bug? With predictable network names the name of
6 your device depends on the PCIe slot/address it is in. If you change
7 positions in the board your names should change, not on reboot.
8
9 And you might believe it or not, running Linux on servers is much more
10 popular than running Linux on your home desktop. Thus I'd guess things
11 tend to be made easier for people with more than one network card.
12 Certainly you don't want rely on random device enumeration order on
13 reboot if you run a webserver with multiple network devices.
14
15 If you want to disable this on hosts running systemd read [0].
16
17 Cheers,
18 Andrej
19