From: Joost Roeleveld <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: but cool - NASDAQ is gentoo powered
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 09:17:22
1 On Tuesday, August 16, 2011 02:10:18 AM Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On Mon 15 August 2011 21:48:30 Michael Mol did opine thusly:
3 > > On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 8:28 PM, Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com>
4 >
5 > wrote:
6 > > > http://www.itworld.com/open-source/193823/how-linux-mastered-wal
7 > > > l-street
8 > >
9 > > This is related to a question I wanted to poll the list with. How
10 > > does everybody here use Gentoo? For personal use? Production use?
11 > > For server, desktop or embedded roles? What's your most interesting
12 > > setup or use case?
13 > >
14 > > I had Gentoo on both my desktop and HTPC, but I had to cannibalize
15 > > the HTPC for parts, so now it's just on my primary desktop box.
16 >
17 > All my personal machines have run gentoo for 6 or more years now plus
18 > my dev VMs. At work, it's encouraged for the dev environments too.
19 >
20 > I was interested to read that NASDAQ runs a "modified" Gentoo and
21 > wondered "what does an unmodified stock Gentoo look like". Then I
22 > realised I was being silly, there's no such thing :-)
23
24 Wouldn't that be what someone ends with after following the install guide?
25 In other words, stage3?
28 Joost