From: Mark David Dumlao <madumlao@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Anyone switched to eudev yet?
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 08:30:21
1 On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 8:09 AM, Kevin Chadwick <ma1l1ists@××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Fri, 21 Dec 2012 05:46:33 +0800
3 > Mark David Dumlao <madumlao@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 >> >
6 >> > A concensus would be good. A right consensus is more likely to get a
7 >> > consensus. This has no bearing on the matters at hand.
8 >>
9 >> /usr as the default prefix for installed packages is the "consensus"
10 >> of the vast majority of packages out there. Why do you think this has
11 >> no bearing on their consideration?
12 >
13 > I'm just pointing out that despite what many seem to state there are
14 > losses and unclear/non forth coming positive reasons or real benefits
15 > to the current apparently to be imposed or your doomed "consensus" of
16 > consolidating data. Once your at multi-user the whole filesystem is one
17 > for all intensive purposes anyway and so much of what you have said is
18 > misleading. It really shouldn't be a difficult problem to fix, it is
19 > just data after all.
20
21 I'm having trouble understanding the whole paragraph - my English
22 parser must have been broken with my last emerge -uDNtav world. I'd
23 revdep-rebuild, but my /usr is on nfs and rebuilding the binaries
24 there would break them for the other shared clients. ;)
27 This email is: [ ] actionable [ ] fyi [x] social
28 Response needed: [ ] yes [x] up to you [ ] no
29 Time-sensitive: [ ] immediate [ ] soon [x] none