From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] basic grub question
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2016 18:08:17
1 On Wed, 15 Jun 2016 12:57:40 -0400, covici@××××××××××.com wrote:
2
3 > > The nvidia drivers are the proprietary drivers produced by NVIDIA; the
4 > > nouveau drivers are the open-source version. Typically, the nouveau
5 > > driver works as well as the nouveau, except in some high-intensity
6 > > (generally 3D) environments. As you know, you cannot use both at the
7 > > same time, but you can have them installed at the same time. Just
8 > > blacklist the kernel modules of one or the other to test each.
9 >
10 > If I wanted to do that, do I need to change opengl to xorg to use
11 > nouveau?
12
13 [nelz@hactar ~ 0]% eselect opengl list
14 Available OpenGL implementations:
15 [1] xorg-x11 *
16
17 Yes.
21 Neil Bothwick
22
23 Do I BELIEVE in the Bible?! HELL man, I've SEEN one!!!