From: Matti Nykyri <matti.nykyri@×××.fi>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Ifplugd breaks services
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2014 17:45:14
1 > On Jun 8, 2014, at 19:15, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 >
3 >> On Sun, 8 Jun 2014 15:01:02 +0300, Matti Nykyri wrote:
4 >>
5 >> Actually it's not ifplugd's fault. It is just the one that restarts
6 >> services... The restarting is the thing that breaks stuff:
7 >
8 > Are you running ifplugd directly or letting openrc deal with this? The
9 > latter is the recommended way for openrc, leave ifplugd installed but
10 > don't add it to a runlevel. Does the problem persist if you do this?
11
12 Ifplugd package doesn't have anything installed in init.d/ so it's not added to any runlevel.
15 > Have you tried changing rc_depend_strict in /etc/rc.conf?
16
17 Setting rc_depend_strict to NO, fixes the problem :) With that set to YES all the services are killed. So I'll stick with NO. Still I think that all services stopped should be restarted by default.
18
19 > <flamebait>Or you could switch to systemd which I suspect could be made
20 > to handle this situation better.</flamebait> :)
21
22 I rather not ;)
25 -Matti