From: Christoph Eckert <ce@×××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Regular user can't offload usb camera`
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 17:34:15
1 Hi Michael,
4 > My personal account (michael) cannot offload pictures from my usb
5 > digital camera - only root can do it.  michael is in the usb group.
6 > There used to be a file called /etc/security/console.perms which
7 > allowed the michael user to offload pictures, but it's gone now.  How
8 > can I make it where I don't have to su to root just to offload
9 > pictures?
10
11 the same happens here since I did an emerge --update world
12
13 Before, normal users have been allowed to get pics via gphoto2 on the
14 command line or even via the KDE protocol camera:/.
15
16 Since the update, only root can get the images. I'm sure it's a
17 permission problem, but I don't know where to look first.
20 Best regards
23 ce
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list