From: "C. Beamer" <cbeamer@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Omitting blocked package when updating world
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 23:12:19
1 Hi,
2
3 I've had Gentoo installed on my main computer for about a month now and
4 want to update world.
5
6 When I did 'emerge --pretend --update --deep world' I got told that a
7 package that I had installed was blocking another package. I want to
8 update but omit the blocked package from the update, which incidentally
9 is not installed on my system.
10
11 I looked in the Gentoo documentation which told me that I had 2 options
12 - to omit the blocked package or remove the blocked package. Since the
13 blocked package is not installed on my system, my only option is to
14 omit, but I couldn't find how to omit it in the documentation. Nor,
15 could I figure out from the man page how to do it.
16
17 So what do I use to omit a package from being updated when I want to run
18 'emerge --update --deep world'
19
20 Regards,
21