From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Omitting blocked package when updating world
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 19:58:05
1 On Fri, Oct 14, 2005 at 07:09:05PM -0400, C. Beamer wrote
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I've had Gentoo installed on my main computer for about a month now and
5 > want to update world.
6 >
7 > When I did 'emerge --pretend --update --deep world' I got told that a
8 > package that I had installed was blocking another package. I want to
9 > update but omit the blocked package from the update, which incidentally
10 > is not installed on my system.
11 >
12 > I looked in the Gentoo documentation which told me that I had 2 options
13 > - to omit the blocked package or remove the blocked package. Since the
14 > blocked package is not installed on my system, my only option is to
15 > omit, but I couldn't find how to omit it in the documentation. Nor,
16 > could I figure out from the man page how to do it.
17
18 Please post a copy of what you get when you run...
19 emerge --pretend --update --deep --world
20
21 It'll help us better understand what your exact problem is. In
22 general, if you're asking about *ANY* Gentoo problem, it helps to have
23 the error listing as part of your post.
26 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
27 An infinite number of monkeys pounding away on keyboards will
28 eventually produce a report showing that Windows is more secure,
29 and has a lower TCO, than linux.
30 --
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list