From: Zhou Rui <ghoulr@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Shell problem
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 03:23:23
1 2008/8/11 Francisco Ares <frares@×××××.com>:
2 > looks like an "alias", maybe you have accidentaly edited .bashrc or
3 > .bash_profile
4 >
5 Just input alias in shell to check if the alias about * exists.
6
7 > hope this helps
8 > Francisco
9 >
10 > On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 9:57 AM, Ivan Alden <ivan.alden@×××××.com> wrote:
11 >>
12 >> Hi all,
13 >>
14 >> I was working in a shell with tar and I changed something where now when
15 >> I type "*" it interprets it as --exlucde
16 >>
17 >> i.e
18 >>
19 >> $ *
20 >> bash: --exlucde: command not found
21 >>
22 >> or
23 >>
24 >> $ ls *
25 >> ls: unrecognized option `--exlucde'
26 >> Try `ls --help' for more information.
27 >>
28 >> how can I fix this?
29 >>
30 >> thanks,
31 >> Ivan
37 > --
38 > "If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you
39 > and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one
40 > idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas." -
41 > George Bernard Shaw
47 BR,
48 Zhou Rui