From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT - UVESAFB setup not working
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2010 05:51:32
1 On Monday 05 July 2010 23:46:54 Jake Moe wrote:
2 > I've recently installed a new system, and can't seem to get UVESAFB
3 > working properly. I've set up everything in the kernel, and modified
4 > GRUB's menu.lst to use the framebuffer. However, even though there
5 > doesn't seem to be any errors, I can't seem to get anything other than
6 > "default" resolution with far too large fonts.
7 >
8 > I've compared dmesg info, GRUB configs and kernel configs between this
9 > laptop, and another laptop that has UVESAFB running fine, and am at a
10 > loss to find what's wrong.
11
12 Stating the obvious, have you emerged fbcondecor, ran /etc/init.d/fbcondecor
13 start and then added it to your boot runlevel?
16 Regards,
17 Mick