From: Jake Moe <jakesaddress@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT - UVESAFB setup not working
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2010 11:51:25
1 On 07/07/10 15:50, Mick wrote:
2 > On Monday 05 July 2010 23:46:54 Jake Moe wrote:
3 >
4 >> I've recently installed a new system, and can't seem to get UVESAFB
5 >> working properly. I've set up everything in the kernel, and modified
6 >> GRUB's menu.lst to use the framebuffer. However, even though there
7 >> doesn't seem to be any errors, I can't seem to get anything other than
8 >> "default" resolution with far too large fonts.
9 >>
10 >> I've compared dmesg info, GRUB configs and kernel configs between this
11 >> laptop, and another laptop that has UVESAFB running fine, and am at a
12 >> loss to find what's wrong.
13 >>
14 > Stating the obvious, have you emerged fbcondecor, ran /etc/init.d/fbcondecor
15 > start and then added it to your boot runlevel?
16 >
17 Thanks for the reply. But...
18
19 jmoe@aus10373 ~ $ eix fbcondecor
20 No matches found.
21 jmoe@aus10373 ~ $ eix fb -a con
22 No matches found.
23 jmoe@aus10373 ~ $ eix fb -a decor
24 No matches found.
25
26 Erm, wossat then? Are you thinking of bootsplash? Besides, this is
27 something that happens long before the initscripts run; the screen
28 should go from GRUB to "standard" console for a moment, then it should
29 change to the framebuffer console.
30
31 Jake Moe