From: Stuart Howard <stuart.g.howard@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge --resume
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 17:14:03
1 On 24/12/06, Daniel Iliev <danny@××××××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > First of all - where did my manners go!? ;-(
4 >
5 > MARRY CHRISTMAS, EVERYONE!
6 > I wish you health, happiness and even more fun with our favorite Gentoo!
7 >
8 > ;-))))
11 > On the subject: Yes, yesterday I woke up with a broken root FS after a
12 > power failure. I did fix the FS with a boot CD I did "emerge -e system".
13 > Afterwards I booted the system on its own and started "emerge -e world".
14 > During this my cron did "emerge --sync". Unfortunately I lost my network
15 > connection and "emerge -e world" stopped on x11-libs/libxklavier-3.0-r1.
16 > After my connection was restored I had this message from "emerge
17 > --resume". So I started "emerge -e world" again and now it is complete.
18 > Also "emerge -DuN world" gives an empty list therefore I consider my
19 > system to be up-to-date with the current portage. The problem is that
20 > "emerge --resume" still gives this never seen before (by me) output.
21 >
22 > Bottom lines: I want to clear "the resume list" in order to get back to
23 > the normal behavior of "emerge --resume"
26 > P.S.
27 >
28 > "emerge --resume --skipfirst" doesn't help - it gives the same message.
29 >
30 > --
31 > Best regards,
32 > Daniel
35 > --
36 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
40 Ouch! not so merry at this time of yea.
41
42 Well my understanding of the emerge command is that resume works only
43 on the current/last call to emerge and since you have been through the
44 --emptytree all the way you have nothing to resume.
45 I confess I dont understand the message but I would assume that if you
46 emege something else then the "last" emege call will be reset and then
47 hopefully resume will be working next time you need it, not sure how
48 you can test to see if resume works unless you try and build a package
49 that is going to fail then try the resume function.
50
51 stu
54 "There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand
55 binary, those who don't"
56
57 --Unknown
58 --