From: Daniel Iliev <danny@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge --resume
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 19:04:12
1 Stuart Howard wrote:
2 > On 24/12/06, Daniel Iliev <danny@××××××××.com> wrote:
3 >>
4 >> First of all - where did my manners go!? ;-(
5 >>
6 >> MARRY CHRISTMAS, EVERYONE!
7 >> I wish you health, happiness and even more fun with our favorite Gentoo!
8 >>
9 >> ;-))))
12 >> On the subject: Yes, yesterday I woke up with a broken root FS after a
13 >> power failure. I did fix the FS with a boot CD I did "emerge -e system".
14 >> Afterwards I booted the system on its own and started "emerge -e world".
15 >> During this my cron did "emerge --sync". Unfortunately I lost my network
16 >> connection and "emerge -e world" stopped on x11-libs/libxklavier-3.0-r1.
17 >> After my connection was restored I had this message from "emerge
18 >> --resume". So I started "emerge -e world" again and now it is complete.
19 >> Also "emerge -DuN world" gives an empty list therefore I consider my
20 >> system to be up-to-date with the current portage. The problem is that
21 >> "emerge --resume" still gives this never seen before (by me) output.
22 >>
23 >> Bottom lines: I want to clear "the resume list" in order to get back to
24 >> the normal behavior of "emerge --resume"
27 >> P.S.
28 >>
29 >> "emerge --resume --skipfirst" doesn't help - it gives the same message.
30 >>
31 >> --
32 >> Best regards,
33 >> Daniel
36 >> --
37 >> gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
41 > Ouch! not so merry at this time of yea.
42 >
43 > Well my understanding of the emerge command is that resume works only
44 > on the current/last call to emerge and since you have been through the
45 > --emptytree all the way you have nothing to resume.
46 > I confess I dont understand the message but I would assume that if you
47 > emege something else then the "last" emege call will be reset and then
48 > hopefully resume will be working next time you need it, not sure how
49 > you can test to see if resume works unless you try and build a package
50 > that is going to fail then try the resume function.
51 >
52 > stu
55 Well, I tried "emerge mc" and I hit ctrl-c in the middle of the process.
56 Then "emerge --resume" emerged mc. Now "emerge --resume" gives the same
57 strange message again. ;-)
60 Best regards,
61 Daniel
65 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list