From: Etaoin Shrdlu <shrdlu@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge --resume
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 20:02:27
1 On Sunday 24 December 2006 19:59, Daniel Iliev wrote:
2
3 > Well, I tried "emerge mc" and I hit ctrl-c in the middle of the
4 > process. Then "emerge --resume" emerged mc. Now "emerge --resume"
5 > gives the same strange message again. ;-)
6
7 emerge --resume reads the list of packages to emerge from a binary file
8 located at /var/cache/edb/mtimedb. In your case, that file is probably
9 stale and is likely to contain package names or versions which are not
10 available anymore (I don't know why it's there even after a succesful
11 emerge though). I think that deleting or renaming it will cause emerge
12 to believe that there's nothing to resume.
13 --
14 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list