From: Daniel Iliev <danny@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [SOLVED] emerge --resume
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 21:09:58
1 Etaoin Shrdlu wrote:
2 > On Sunday 24 December 2006 19:59, Daniel Iliev wrote:
5 >> Well, I tried "emerge mc" and I hit ctrl-c in the middle of the
6 >> process. Then "emerge --resume" emerged mc. Now "emerge --resume"
7 >> gives the same strange message again. ;-)
10 > emerge --resume reads the list of packages to emerge from a binary file
11 > located at /var/cache/edb/mtimedb. In your case, that file is probably
12 > stale and is likely to contain package names or versions which are not
13 > available anymore (I don't know why it's there even after a succesful
14 > emerge though). I think that deleting or renaming it will cause emerge
15 > to believe that there's nothing to resume.
18 Thank you!
19
20 Removing that file did the trick.
23 Best regards,