From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [SOLVED] emerge --resume
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 14:25:31
1 On Sunday 24 December 2006 22:03, Daniel Iliev wrote:
2 > Etaoin Shrdlu wrote:
3 > > On Sunday 24 December 2006 19:59, Daniel Iliev wrote:
4 > >> Well, I tried "emerge mc" and I hit ctrl-c in the middle of the
5 > >> process. Then "emerge --resume" emerged mc. Now "emerge --resume"
6 > >> gives the same strange message again. ;-)
7 > >
8 > > emerge --resume reads the list of packages to emerge from a binary file
9 > > located at /var/cache/edb/mtimedb. In your case, that file is probably
10 > > stale and is likely to contain package names or versions which are not
11 > > available anymore (I don't know why it's there even after a succesful
12 > > emerge though). I think that deleting or renaming it will cause emerge
13 > > to believe that there's nothing to resume.
14 >
15 > Thank you!
16 >
17 > Removing that file did the trick.
18
19 The mtimedb contains a lot more than the resume list. The following command
20 will show you it's contents:
21
22 # python -c 'import portage;print portage.mtimedb'
23
24 Removing it seems rather pointless IMO. The resume list gets overwritten if
25 you emerge a list of packages rather than just one package. Either way it's
26 contents is irrelevant when you don't need to resume a list of packages.
29 Bo Andresen