From: Daniel Iliev <danny@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [SOLVED] emerge --resume
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 15:10:43
1 Bo Ørsted Andresen wrote:
2 > On Sunday 24 December 2006 22:03, Daniel Iliev wrote:
3 >
4 >> Etaoin Shrdlu wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> On Sunday 24 December 2006 19:59, Daniel Iliev wrote:
7 >>>
8 >>>> Well, I tried "emerge mc" and I hit ctrl-c in the middle of the
9 >>>> process. Then "emerge --resume" emerged mc. Now "emerge --resume"
10 >>>> gives the same strange message again. ;-)
11 >>>>
12 >>> emerge --resume reads the list of packages to emerge from a binary file
13 >>> located at /var/cache/edb/mtimedb. In your case, that file is probably
14 >>> stale and is likely to contain package names or versions which are not
15 >>> available anymore (I don't know why it's there even after a succesful
16 >>> emerge though). I think that deleting or renaming it will cause emerge
17 >>> to believe that there's nothing to resume.
18 >>>
19 >> Thank you!
20 >>
21 >> Removing that file did the trick.
24 > The mtimedb contains a lot more than the resume list. The following command
25 > will show you it's contents:
26 >
27 > # python -c 'import portage;print portage.mtimedb'
28 >
29 > Removing it seems rather pointless IMO. The resume list gets overwritten if
30 > you emerge a list of packages rather than just one package. Either way it's
31 > contents is irrelevant when you don't need to resume a list of packages.
36 Bo, as I said, I tried with only one package. So, you may be right about
37 the list, but for sure removing "/var/cache/edb/mtimedb" fixed the
38 problem: "emerge --resume" now gives "It seems we have nothing to
39 resume" and the "strange" message disappeared. So, I'm happy. :)
40
41 I just hope I haven't erased some important info, but I doubt that - if
42 something is in the cache it should be possible to be regenerated.
43 ;-)))
46 Best regards,
47 Daniel
51 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list