From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Issue 3 - CD Playing
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 03:47:45
1 Colleen Beamer wrote:
2 > On 10/19/11 05:45, Joerg Schilling wrote:
3 >> Colleen Beamer<colleen.beamer@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >>
5 >>> Hi everyone,
6 >>>
7 >>> I have googled this problem and tried everything and can't seem to
8 >>> resolve the issue.
9 >>>
10 >>> My CD drive will read data CD's, but will not play audio CD's. I've
11 >>> tried with kscd and Kaffeine. Haven't installed amarok yet. I've
12 >>> checked and rechecked my settings in the kernel. In /dev cdrom is a
13 >>> symlink to sr0. Nothing I've read in anything that came up in my google
14 >>> search helped.
15 >> If you have only one CD drive, the CD will play with:
16 >>
17 >> cdda2wav -e -B -N
18 > Thanks, but this isn't really necessary any longer. The only thing that
19 > doesn't want to play an audio CD is kscd. Kaffeine works fine. Tried
20 > to install kaudiocreator to rip CD's, but it kept crashing on start so,
21 > I found Asunder and it works well. So, despite the fact that I'm not
22 > 100% tickled since I'm a bit anal and like all things tied up in a neat
23 > little box with a bow, I have audio CD's playing in kaffeine and I am
24 > able to rip them using asunder.
25 >
26 > However, I will keep this for future reference in case I ever need it! :-)
27 >
28 > Regards,
31 Have you tried a fresh KSCD config file yet? I have noticed recently
32 that when I upgrade KDE, at least one config file sort of burps on me
33 and I have to give it a clean start. Last time was Kpat. I dunno.
34
35 I can't find one on here. I guess I haven't used it for it to create
36 one. It's usually in /home/<user>/.kde4/share/config. I'm not certain
37 on the name tho.
38
39 Ma'am.
40