From: Colleen Beamer <colleen.beamer@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Issue 3 - CD Playing
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 03:19:01
1 On 10/19/11 05:45, Joerg Schilling wrote:
2 > Colleen Beamer <colleen.beamer@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >> Hi everyone,
5 >>
6 >> I have googled this problem and tried everything and can't seem to
7 >> resolve the issue.
8 >>
9 >> My CD drive will read data CD's, but will not play audio CD's. I've
10 >> tried with kscd and Kaffeine. Haven't installed amarok yet. I've
11 >> checked and rechecked my settings in the kernel. In /dev cdrom is a
12 >> symlink to sr0. Nothing I've read in anything that came up in my google
13 >> search helped.
14 > If you have only one CD drive, the CD will play with:
15 >
16 > cdda2wav -e -B -N
17
18 Thanks, but this isn't really necessary any longer. The only thing that
19 doesn't want to play an audio CD is kscd. Kaffeine works fine. Tried
20 to install kaudiocreator to rip CD's, but it kept crashing on start so,
21 I found Asunder and it works well. So, despite the fact that I'm not
22 100% tickled since I'm a bit anal and like all things tied up in a neat
23 little box with a bow, I have audio CD's playing in kaffeine and I am
24 able to rip them using asunder.
25
26 However, I will keep this for future reference in case I ever need it! :-)
27
28 Regards,
32 Registered Linux User #411143 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org