From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Orphan packages
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 16:12:13
1 Dale wrote:
2 > Leonid Podolny wrote:
3 >> Hi,
4 >> I'm sure that this issue has already been discussed here, but I can't
5 >> find any such discussions.
6 >> Anyway, is there an easy way to find orphan packages, i.e. installed
7 >> packages that don't have repository behind? For example, if I used to
8 >> have a layman overlay and now I deleted it, all the packages that
9 >> belonged to that overlay are now orphans. I would like at least to get a
10 >> list of those packages.
11 >
12 > emerge --depclean -p and make sure everything looks OK.
13
14 That's not what it does :P depclean only removes packages that are not
15 in world and are not a dependency of another package. You can emerge
16 package foo from overlay bar and then remove the overlay, but depclean
17 won't clean it because it's still in world.