From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Orphan packages
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 15:25:22
1 Leonid Podolny wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 > I'm sure that this issue has already been discussed here, but I can't
4 > find any such discussions.
5 > Anyway, is there an easy way to find orphan packages, i.e. installed
6 > packages that don't have repository behind? For example, if I used to
7 > have a layman overlay and now I deleted it, all the packages that
8 > belonged to that overlay are now orphans. I would like at least to get a
9 > list of those packages.
14 emerge --depclean -p and make sure everything looks OK. If it does,
15 remove the -p option. OK means it is not removing something you need.
16 If it mentions removing some version of python, make sure you have ran
17 python-updater. There may be others so look carefully.
18
19 Also, I run revdep-rebuild -i afterwards just to make sure.
20
21 Dale
22