From: Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT]Throttling/Restricting download speeds
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 01:19:11
1 wget has a throttling option --limit-rate
2
3 how about :
4
5 1. keep a file containing the urls of the files you want to download.
6 (dllist)
7
8 2. start them at whatever time like:
9
10 wget --limit-rate=5k -i dllist
11
12 3. use at to run a script at 2.00 am which kills wget and restarts it
13 with no limit-rate option, the -c flag (to continue downloads) and the
14 same file list.
17 On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 18:46:23 -0400