From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] trying KDE (again)
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 16:16:02
1 On 2/13/06, Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au> wrote:
2 > However, I have some eye candy I want to bring from Gnome - transparent
3 > konsole is the first.
4
5 Right click in the Konsole window, select Settings->Schema-> and a
6 transparent schema. You can also modify an existing or create a new
7 schema with Settings->Configure Konsole
8
9 > Secondly, I start konsole with the following command (from another
10 > konsole):
11 >
12 > konsole --geometry -0-0
13
14 The KDE window manager doesn't really support this. It is probably
15 better to use window-specific settings in the window manager.
16
17 1. Right click on a title-bar, select "Configure Window Behavior..."
18 2. Select "Window-Specific Settings" and "New..."
19 3. Click the "Detect" button and click on a Konsole window.
20 4. Under Geometry, turn on the "Position" checkbox, set it to remember.
21
22 Now you can position/resize your konsole like you want, and KDE will
23 remember it.
24
25 -Richard
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list