From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] trying KDE (again)
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 23:41:17
1 Welcome to my post, and remember to leave your flamewars at the door :)
2
3 I've just installed KDE for the first time in a couple of years. It
4 seems to have come a long way.
5
6 However, I have some eye candy I want to bring from Gnome - transparent
7 konsole is the first.
8
9 Secondly, I start konsole with the following command (from another
10 konsole):
11
12 konsole --geometry -0-0
13
14 but the geometry doesn't work! This is how the geometry should work:
15
16 geometry should appear status
17 +0+0 top left works every time
18 +0-0 bottom left doesn't work
19 -0+0 top right works every time
20 -0-0 bottom right doesn't work
21
22 what's going on?!!
23
24 But apart from this, I love some of the new features (ok there are
25 probably lots that I haven't found yet).
26
27 TIA,
28 --
29 Iain Buchanan <iain at netspace dot net dot au>
30
31 There goes the good time that was had by all.
32 -- Bette Davis, remarking on a passing starlet
35 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list