From: Meino.Cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Creating an firmware image from a too large microSDcard...?
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2016 12:27:27
1 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> [16-01-16 13:23]:
2 > On Sat, 16 Jan 2016 13:02:04 +0100, Meino.Cramer@×××.de wrote:
3 >
4 > > You dd the image on a sdcard, put that one in a reader, copy two files
5 > > from /boot to /media/boot, put the sdcard into the OrangePI-PC, boot
6 > > it, log in via ssh and call a script named "fs_resize", the miniPC
7 > > reboots...and VOILA!
8 > >
9 > > Now I want to create such an image from parts of another image
10 > > (kernel, firmware) and a bootable Gentoo minimal setup.
11 > >
12 > > For that I need to understand the trick which is used to create such
13 > > images.
14 >
15 > Raspbian images do a similar thing, with an option in raspi_config to
16 > resize the root filesystem to fill the card. There's no real trick, just
17 > create the system you want on the smallest SD card that will hold it,
18 > include the resize script and dd that card to an image.
21 > --
22 > Neil Bothwick
23 >
24 > Copper wire was invented by two Scotsmen fighting over a penny!
25
26 My problem is, that I dont know which will be the final size of
27 that image. So I will take a sdcard, which is big enough in
28 any case.....and end up with the problem, which caused my first
29 posting of this thread....;)
30 And I am not owning a great variety of sdcards...especially when
31 it comes to feature of being EMPTY sdcards...;)
32
33 Best regards,
34 Meino