From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Creating an firmware image from a too large microSDcard...?
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2016 12:13:42
1 On Sat, 16 Jan 2016 13:02:04 +0100, Meino.Cramer@×××.de wrote:
2
3 > You dd the image on a sdcard, put that one in a reader, copy two files
4 > from /boot to /media/boot, put the sdcard into the OrangePI-PC, boot
5 > it, log in via ssh and call a script named "fs_resize", the miniPC
6 > reboots...and VOILA!
7 >
8 > Now I want to create such an image from parts of another image
9 > (kernel, firmware) and a bootable Gentoo minimal setup.
10 >
11 > For that I need to understand the trick which is used to create such
12 > images.
13
14 Raspbian images do a similar thing, with an option in raspi_config to
15 resize the root filesystem to fill the card. There's no real trick, just
16 create the system you want on the smallest SD card that will hold it,
17 include the resize script and dd that card to an image.
21 Neil Bothwick
22
23 Copper wire was invented by two Scotsmen fighting over a penny!