From: Marc Joliet <marcec@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] crypto with dolphin:5
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2017 08:05:08
1 On Sonntag, 23. April 2017 07:56:05 CEST J. Roeleveld wrote:
2 > Ok. /etc/portage/package.use.unmask doesn't work.
3
4 First, there is no package.use.unmask (although I'll grant that that would be
5 the intuitive name for such a file). There is only package.use.mask and
6 package.use.stable.mask, which can reside in the portage tree and in /etc/
7 portage/profile/. portage(5) has this to say (see especially the second
8 example):
9
10 package.use.mask and package.use.stable.mask
11 Per-package USE flag masks.
12
13 Note: In a cascading profile setup, you can remove USE
14 flags in children profiles which were added by parent profiles by prefixing
15 the flag with a '-'.
16
17 Format:
18 - comments begin with # (no inline comments)
19 - one DEPEND atom per line with space-delimited USE flags
20
21 Example:
22 # mask docs for GTK 2.x
23 =x11-libs/gtk+-2* doc
24 # unmask mysql support for QT
25 x11-libs/qt -mysql
26
27 In this particular case, both files can be used, it seems (I'm not sure what
28 the "stable" refers to in this case, it's probably explained on the Gentoo
29 wiki somewhere or in the developer documentation).
30
31 HTH
32 --
33 Marc Joliet
34 --
35 "People who think they know everything really annoy those of us who know we
36 don't" - Bjarne Stroustrup