From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] crypto with dolphin:5
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2017 08:46:30
1 On April 23, 2017 10:04:50 AM GMT+02:00, Marc Joliet <marcec@×××.de> wrote:
2 >On Sonntag, 23. April 2017 07:56:05 CEST J. Roeleveld wrote:
3 >> Ok. /etc/portage/package.use.unmask doesn't work.
4 >
5 >First, there is no package.use.unmask (although I'll grant that that
6 >would be
7 >the intuitive name for such a file). There is only package.use.mask
8 >and
9 >package.use.stable.mask, which can reside in the portage tree and in
10 >/etc/
11 >portage/profile/. portage(5) has this to say (see especially the
12 >second
13 >example):
14 >
15 >package.use.mask and package.use.stable.mask
16 > Per-package USE flag masks.
17 >
18 > Note: In a cascading profile setup, you can remove USE
19 >flags in children profiles which were added by parent profiles by
20 >prefixing
21 >the flag with a '-'.
22 >
23 > Format:
24 > - comments begin with # (no inline comments)
25 > - one DEPEND atom per line with space-delimited USE flags
26 >
27 > Example:
28 > # mask docs for GTK 2.x
29 > =x11-libs/gtk+-2* doc
30 > # unmask mysql support for QT
31 > x11-libs/qt -mysql
32 >
33 >In this particular case, both files can be used, it seems (I'm not sure
34 >what
35 >the "stable" refers to in this case, it's probably explained on the
36 >Gentoo
37 >wiki somewhere or in the developer documentation).
38 >
39 >HTH
40
41 Thanks. This worked.
42
43 I have been using the kde/plasma version for kmail for a while. After the gcc5.4 upgrade, I wanted to rebuild everything and encountered this issue.
44
45 I'll need to read up on the profile directory options.
48 Joost
49 --
50 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.