From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] eclean-pkg strips everything out
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2017 22:52:45
1 Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 >
3 > Hello list,
7 > Has anyone else noticed that running "eclean-pkg -d" removes all
8 > packages, or nearly so? I've had it happen recently on a few amd64
9 > systems and an x86 system, and it's becoming annoying. Well, no,
10 > actually it's long since become annoying.
14 > --
15 >
16 > Regards
17 >
18 > Peter
24 If it is removing to much, leave out the -d option. With -d, it only
25 leaves the minimum needed to re-emerge the packages currently
26 installed. It works the same way with -dist as well. From the man page:
27
28 -d, --deep only keep the minimum for a reinstallation
29
30 I think if you leave off the -d option it leaves anything that is still
31 in the tree, may include overlays as well.
32
33 Dale
34